My New House

about a month ago, one of my good friends told me about a historical man who, in figuring out how to retain all the information on anything he had been curious about, created an ever expanding house inside of his mind. In this house he held objects and nooks and crannies that would almost be portals to his memories. When he wanted to remember something, for example, about a specific character in history he would go into a certain room, such as a library, and perhaps he would store that character's information in a little trinket sitting beside a lamp on a side table next to a sofa. Every single object in the house has meaning and significance, information about whatever subject would be held in every single item in his imaginary house.

I have been fascinated with this idea of creating a house inside my mind ever since my friend told me about it. Though i fear it may be dangerous for me to get wrapped up in such an extravagant idea because I could get crazy OCD about it. Especially since I am a very visual person, I will want to illustrate whatever i create in my mind.

I think its a little too late for me to not try to create this house inside my mind because I;ve been thinking about the comcept so much lately. It really excites me. And even though it sounds a little wacko, I think if I do really like making this imaginary house, then I will begin to do illustrations.

And I think this will be the blog I start to document it all within. It will be like a story. Lots of real elements, but of course it has the possibility to get extremely whimsical. I love structure, especially when whimsy is still free to roam within the boundaries.

No comments: